My friend, Kristen made these a few weeks ago and anything she recommends, I make. And you should too!
They are chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. You can also add other chocolate chips or nuts. Anything is possible with these. And everything is good. They’re chewy, sweet but not too sweet, and reminiscent of chocolate macadamia nut cookies (minus the macadamia nuts). It’s a nice alternative to brownies when you’re craving chocolate.
For whatever reason, they also seem perfect for Halloween. Maybe it’s the dark color and the white chocolate chips? Regardless, they’re definitely worth your time and calories.
Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa powder, sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- handful White chocolate chips or any chocolate chips or nuts
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix on medium speed until creamy, about2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. On low speed, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Let the cookie dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and push in a few additional chocolate chips on top if desired. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The chewiness and flavors are better the longer you keep them.