I have never met a more delicious, easy, and recommendable dinner recipe. And it’s vegan!
Honestly, you may be surprised to see a savory recipe even pop up here but when there is something I absolutely have to share, I do. And this is one of those times, so it’s definitely worth a shot, especially if you’re not vegan and skeptical of vegan food.
I’ve been making this at least once a week since the moment I tasted it for the first time. Aside from knowing it was healthy and easy to make, I just didn’t expect to be swept off my feet because while I like cauliflower and chickpeas, they’re not my top favorites. But the combination literally blew both my husband and myself away. We just didn’t know that “vegan” “cauliflower” “chickpea”, meh, could be so insanely good. I’ve shared this recipe with one of my best friends and my sister and they both were just as floored as I was. It takes very simple and healthy ingredients and combines them to make a truly delicious recipe.
The process is super straightforward and just two steps:
- You roast the cauliflower (you could absolutely add additional vegetables here) with the chickpeas and toss with spices, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- While that bakes, you make the creamy avocado sauce. This sauce is really the star of the show. It’s basically avocado, citrus, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and cumin all pulsed together in a food processor. It takes mere minutes.
The rest is just assembly. You spread the sauce onto the tortilla, pita, naan, bread, whatever carb suits your fancy. And put some roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on. For a finish you can top with a handful of greens, a final drizzle of olive oil and perhaps one last squeeze of lemon or lime and a sprinkle of parsley.
And that’s it.
So whether you’re vegan-curious, looking for a light yet filling dinner, or maybe even par-taking in a Vegan Monday challenge, this is a crowd pleaser.
As a reminder, you can always search by ingredient in the search engine below to find what you are looking for. Or take a look at the tabs above for the different options on ABeeBakes.
Vegan Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Wraps with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets (or 2 small heads of cauliflower)
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder
- 1-2 tsp. garam masala optional
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt & pepper to taste (big pinches)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I use two small cloves)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. water if needed to smooth the texture
- Handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- juice of one lime or lemon
Assembly (and finishes)
- 8 small tortillas, pitas, or naan
- Spoonful Greek yogurt (if not vegan) for topping
- Drizzle olive oil to taste
- Handful fresh greens arugula or spring mix
- a few fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees. Pat the cauliflower and chickpeas dry. Arrange in a single layer, careful not to overcrowd them on one large baking sheet or two baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices, salt, and pepper. Toss everything until evenly coated.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. Stir them around and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. The cauliflower and chickpeas should both be golden brown.
- While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, make the avocado sauce. Puree the avocado sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Spread each pita or tortilla with a spoonful of avocado sauce and top with roasted vegetables. Top with a handful of fresh greens and a few parsley leaves. Drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lime, and dallop of yogurt (if desired and not vegan). Wrap up and enjoy!