- 5 ingredients.
- No kneading.
- No resting.
- No rising.
- No work.
- …SUPER delicious, soft, springy, moist, bread.
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!
Boy, have I found the ultimate Saint Patrick’s Day recipe for you. This is, to date, the easiest thing I have ever baked. Seriously.
If you have a bottle of beer, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt, well, then you’re ready to bake some bread.
Look at the clock. What time is it? Now count ahead one hour and the bread will already be done. It’s magical. Haha.
This recipe produces a great white bread that is best straight from the oven with a smear of salted butter. Or cut into quarters and served in place of Buttermilk Biscuits or Gayle’s One Hour Dinner Rolls for dinner. They are the perfect vehicle for soaking up sauce or dipping into soup and stews. My husband likes them best with Nutella, no surprises there. So whether you want to sweeten them up or savory them up (? lol), the choice is yours.
For my fellow lazy bakers and cooks, really just trust me on this one. Try it.
And if you insist on adding some green to your Saint Patrick’s Day celebration try these green themed options:
- Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies
- Minted Pea & Ricotta Tart
- Skinny Spinach Quiche
- Milk Chocolate Pistachio Tart
- M&M Cookies (using green m&ms)
- Cream Wafer Cookies (use green food coloring for the frosting)
- Asparagus Goat Cheese Tart
- Artichoke Pesto Burrata Pizza with Lemon Arugula
- Braided Pesto Bread
- Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats (using St. Patty’s lucky charms or green food coloring in the marshmallows)