Rocky Road Ice Cream
Easy, no-churn, creamy chocolate ice cream with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and almond pieces.
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk one can
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice ~ half a lemon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped roasted and salted (if desired)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate sauce optional
Combine the chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Set aside.
Microwave the milk until almost boiling and then pour it immediately over the chocolate. Let sit for a few minutes and then stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Stir in the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the heavy cream.
In a separate bowl, using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, without deflating it.
Transfer the mixture into a 2-quart container* lined with parchment paper that can go into the freezer (metal or plastic but NOT glass). Swirl in the chocolate sauce with a butter knife (if using). Otherwise reserve the chocolate sauce for a topping when serving. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper that completely touches the surface of the ice cream so no crystals form.
Freeze for 4-6 hours, or until frozen. Serve with chocolate sauce. Enjoy in a bowl or ice cream cone.