Ever since living in France, I’ve adopted the French obsession of goat cheese (chevre) and honey. All the goat cheese salads there are drizzled with honey and my husband’s favorite pizza also features goat cheese and honey. I’ve recreated it dozens of times and perfected the recipe which can be found here: Goat Cheese & Honey Pizza. It’s a flavor profile that’s caught on quickly in America and many goat cheeses sold here now offer varieties laced with honey. The sweet honey compliments the tangy goat cheese so well. If you like this combination you’ll also like these Goat Cheese, Honey & Thyme Puffs and today’s pear & goat cheese naan pizza. I better get to that.
This recipe is so good that I’ve already added all these ingredients to my shopping list because I cannot wait to remake it! Not only is it beautiful and more interesting than your typical pizza, or weeknight dinner for that matter, it’s also quick to make. It’s mostly just assembly and bakes in less than ten minutes.
Naan is a great alternative here to pizza crust because there is no time wasted in letting the dough rest before prepping. Plus, the naan offers a more unique flavor. It’s obviously not overwhelming, since it’s the canvas to the toppings, but it’s so clearly not pizza that it feels like something entirely new and different. I’ll be interested to hear what y’all think!
Anyways, so you have your naan already ready to go. you whip up the goat cheese, honey, and thyme, and you add some roasted onions and pear and you have yourself a quick and delicious dinner. Or lunch. Or appetizer. Enjoy!
Pear & Goat Cheese Naan Pizza
- 4 Naan
- 2 Pears peeled and sliced into long thing strips
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 8 oz. Goat cheese creamy and fresh
- 1/4 cup Sweet onion chopped
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 bunch Fresh thyme ~15 sprigs
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Place parchment paper on two baking sheets or pizza stones; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine about 3 sprigs of thyme with olive oil; set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Add pears and sauté for about 7 minutes or until golden brown, flipping only once. Remove pears from pan and transfer to a plate for later.
- Add chopped onions to the same pan you used to cook the pears. Increase heat to medium. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, microwave the goat cheese just for a few seconds to soften. Add 2 tbsp. of the honey, and ~5 sprigs of thyme. Mix vigorously with a fork or spoon until the texture becomes lighter and whipped.
- Brush each naan with the olive oil mixture. Spread whipped goat cheese evenly over each. Sprinkle with onions and place pears evenly on top of the naan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Drizzle with remaining honey. Top with remaining thyme (to taste) and an extra pinch of salt and better if desired.